Looking for right bulb for lamp

Old 08-23-23, 08:36 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Looking for right bulb for lamp

Hey all. So this is a shot in the dark, but looking for some more educated input.

I've got an old standing lamp, from 2016 i believe, that's your typical chinese manufactured and not supported or easily found.
The brand is H-Welldone and the model number is HW-F0227.
It appears to be a dimmable lamp, because it has a knob that's rotating and adjustable for turning it on and for the lighting.

I've tried searching the model far and wide for bulb compatibility and I can't seem to find anything. So i checked the actual bulb sockets in the lamp and found some info on them.
It says "Meizhao" Lampholder, and has a couple different numbers that i thought were the only ones that were relevant. "MC-E26001" and "E492656"
So from what i gather, it takes some sort of E26 base dimmable bulbs, but i'm not sure what would be the best ones to get.

I tried searching these numbers as well and the most i could discern were e26 base 105 watt fluorescent bulbs, but these bulbs look way bigger than what could probably fit or should go in the lamp

Does anyone have any ideas from this info what kind of specific bulbs to use?
I've had some fluorescent bulbs in there before that seem to behave better than the current GE LED 9W non-dimmable bulbs (i know i know, non-dimmable) that i just put in there as temporary replacements.

Old 08-23-23, 09:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
You don't typically see a dimmable fluorescent type lamp in an E26 base.
The general consensus is that it's a 3way switch and any standard lamp will work.
Any standard dimmable bulb should work there.

Those numbers are type and UL listing...... Guandong parts

Last edited by PJmax; 08-23-23 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-23-23, 09:24 PM
J
PJmax That floor lamp you linked unfortunately doesn't look like the one i have. The manufacturer looks like it's H-Welldone from what i could see on the Model sticker. But the Guandong parts UL listing i did come across. That's where i got the other model numbers for finding out the 105 w bulbs and such.

Even H-Welldone doesn't look like it has any public website with contact info.

Old 08-23-23, 10:06 PM
J
Alright. I'll just get a basic e26 dimmable bulb from home depot or walmart or something and see how it goes.

Old 08-24-23, 03:34 AM
T
Received 209 Upvotes on 183 Posts
The name could be a private label trade name. In other words, "Buy enough of them and we will put your name on them".

Plus, the name may have been chosen to evoke the idea that it is well designed/constructed. Not uncommon in products from some parts of the world.

Old 08-24-23, 06:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 88 Upvotes on 81 Posts
An E26 lamp socket (base) is just your standard ol' incandescent lamp base you'd find on a regular 60 or 100 watt incandescent bulb, which is a dimmable lamp.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: