Craftsman Rider 247-203700 wont move

Old 06-22-16, 04:58 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman Rider 247-203700 wont move

It wont move. This is an MTD unit with the variable speed pulley. Both pulleys at the transmission are turning and it appears that the variable speed pulley is moving up and down.. Clutch/brake acting funny in that it is angled way too far back towards the back of the tractor. This is one of those 7 speed shift on the fly units. I can get it to move if I push the clutch/brake in and put the transmission in the highest gear. This is now holding up several other repairs in the shop.

Old 06-23-16, 12:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
The transmission pulley is turning but it's going nowhere? But then putting it in a higher speed makes it move? That doesn't make sense... the speeds change the belt ratio, not anything in the transmission. I think you need new belts from the sound of it.

Old 06-23-16, 03:50 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well well well - The customer told me today that 1) his partner removed one of the rear wheels to fix a flat tire 2) They pulled a jammed log out from under the tractor and that is when the self propel quit 3) There was smoke coming from underneath the tractor. With this new info, there could be many reason for the self propel not working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: