10/27 cub cadet yard bug

Old 08-29-16, 08:42 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
10/27 cub cadet yard bug

cub cadet dx 70 10/27. having trouble with interlock system everything works until you depress the peddle engage mower....motor shuts down. checked seat switch by putting on park brake and exiting seat stays running.....take out of park and exit seat motor shuts down. had mower started and in park held switch in at mower peddle and moved peddle forward mower blade starts up. let switch out system shuts down visually checked wiring from end to end and cannot find anything any help would be appreciated Terry

Old 08-29-16, 11:18 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Is your drive lever in reverse ?

Old 08-29-16, 02:00 PM
W
did replace both tranny cables.....had machine go in reverse when drive lever pushed forward...pull drive lever back and machine would go forward....so I reversed cables...push forward....pull back....did I mess up

Old 08-29-16, 03:26 PM
How old is this mower? I am not familiar with the numbers you posted and results from my search are mixed.
If you can find the model and serial numbers, I could get specific info.

With the info provided, I am at a total loss as to what it is you even have...which I hate to admit since I am an authorized Cub tech.

Normally 10/27 would mean a 10HP engine with 27" deck?!?!? Search for a cub 70/dx 70 results in an old International Harvester model......

Old 08-29-16, 04:13 PM
W
dx 70.....1027 but is a 9 hp engine,,,,13A 344 595.......7c273110154 001....hope this will help

Old 08-29-16, 06:43 PM
Ok well those numbers are formatted correctly but something is missing or....????

So this is a rear engine rider Cub Cadet "Yard Bug"?

LOL I thought you had a yard bug as in a bug with your mower.....sorry for my confusion...GI2

I also have some confusion with the words you used...."peddle" ? Is this a lever operated by hand or by foot or???
"Switch" is this a button that is pushed to allow mowing while in reverse?

Old 08-29-16, 08:19 PM
W
Sorry..thanks for your patience...tranny shift leaver on columb for forward and reverse selection...left hand peddle and peddle lock is to activate mower blade. lock just prevents you from not having to keep foot pressue on all the time. when the left foot peddle is in the back passion towards driver it presses against alimit swich for lack of better words....with machine running and you try to engage the deck blade by pushing peddle forward machine shuts down, If the left peddle is not all the way to push swith plunger in...tractor will not start. Tks T

Old 08-29-16, 10:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I would agree that it sort of sounds like the mower is in reverse. Check the reverse switch. It may be that it's bent (I think it's just a metal tab with a wire connected to it) which could have happened when the cable adjustment problem came about.

Old 08-30-16, 07:04 AM
W
Thank for all your information input

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: