Honda HRR2163TDA lawn mower issues

Old 04-14-17, 01:13 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Honda HRR2163TDA lawn mower issues

Hi everyone, I picked up a Honda HRR2163TDA for $50 today. The thing runs great (for grass cutting), but it was sold with the self propel system in a non-functioning state. As in, I put the mower in the truck then he handed me the gears for the wheels. So, my question, can someone help me out with some guidance on putting this thing back together? Below is a link to the diagram of what I'm working with. My main concern is how parts numbers 3 and 4 integrate into the pinion gear (part number 2)? The rest honestly seems intuitive, but it's coming to me missing parts 3 and 4, so I suspect his lack of ability to get the self propel to run might have something to do with the fact that he was missing parts. Call it a hunch.

It sounds like there's some basic things I can do concerning checking the belt and cable tension and I'll troubleshoot from there. Thanks everyone!

https://www.partstree.com/parts/hond.../rear-wheel-1/

Old 04-15-17, 06:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
IIRC there will be a key way for the gear and the shaft, also a hole that the spring (3) goes into and allows the key (4) to ratchet when backing or turning the mower.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: