Husqvarna Solenoid

Old 05-18-18, 03:55 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 48 Votes on 41 Posts
Husqvarna Solenoid

Mower wouldnt crank so I started tracing the problem. Power to the solenoid, but none coming out. Jumped the solenoid & cranks right up. So, I need a new one.

My question: I looked on line to look for prices to see what to expect & they are anywhere from $10 - $30.
There is:
Rotary
Stens
Trombetta (what I have now - I'm assuming its OEM)
A&I
and EMS Global

Is there really a difference? Whats good, whats ok, whats bad? Any preference?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-18, 03:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 41 Posts
Trombetta is what is normally found on most AYP products (husquvarna) from the factory. I don't know that it really makes much difference. Advance auto parts has them on the shelf for less than $20.

Old 05-18-18, 04:17 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks Cheese. Good to know that one is about as good as the other.
I called my closest Advance Auto & he couldnt find any reference for it. But, he really didnt seem enthusiastic about doing much research either. I have a lawn mower dealer close by where I bought my Exmark & is where I get all my mower parts. I'll check with them tomorrow. Hopefully they'll have one left... although they may be the $30 dealer...
I mainly wanted to know if I need to beware of any particular brand. I appreciate your advice.

Old 05-18-18, 10:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 41 Posts
Yeah those counter guys at the auto parts stores are not usually too apt. They have them on the rack out on the aisles in a section with lawnmower parts, filters, and motorcycle plugs and filters etc...

Old 05-23-18, 05:25 PM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Follow up:

Well, went to my local trusted lawn mower dealer & bought a solenoid for about $15. Finally had time to get it put on today, hit the key and........................... nothing.
Checked voltage, all good. Jumped the solenoid & turns over like a new one. So, I think hummmm, seat safety switch. Sit on the seat, bounce up & down, slide all around &............ still nothing. So, I gave the brake pedal a little extra kick & it gave about a half a turn. Ahhh Ha!
So I gave it a good push all the way to the bottom & it started right up. So, I imagine I'll be replacing that brake pedal safety switch before long..... OR, the pedal may need adjusting. I noticed that it seems to have taken a little extra length to push it forward than normal. Who knows, the seat may have slipped & it may be a further stretch to get the pedal to the bottom. I'll check on it later.

Oh well, at least I now have a new $15 solenoid I dont have to worry about for a while