Honda XR2600 Pressure Washer Wont Start

Old 05-23-18, 11:28 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honda XR2600 Pressure Washer Wont Start

I am hoping someone can give me advice on my Honda XR2600 Pressure Washer GC160 engine...also know as ExCell. I can't get the pressure washer started. I was using the pressure washer for about an hour...everything was working fine...took a break and then went to resume after filling tank with gas because it ran out. I started up the pressure washer and the spray gun had a very thin water stream coming out of it and then the machine just shutoff. It had a full tank of gas. I can't get the pressure washer restarted. The pull starting spins quickly with no resistance. After trying many times I performed multiple things; 1) drained the oil and put in new SAE 4 stroke 10W30 oil and check dip stick, 2) purchased a new air filter and installed and cleaning out the case, and 3) took the spark plug out and cleaned it. I really don't know what the next step should be except taking it into a shop. Has anyone else experienced this? If there is a problem with the pump would it restrict the pressure unit from starting? I am wondering if it is the pump based on thin lite stream of water that started to come out before shutting down.

Old 05-23-18, 04:32 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 899 Votes on 828 Posts
You say the pull cord pulls easily. Do you feel the engine come up on compression when you pull the starter cord? Did the engine make any odd noises before you shut it down?

Old 05-23-18, 04:48 PM
Received 498 Votes on 462 Posts
Sounds like the recoil went out, simple cheap replacement!

Old 05-24-18, 03:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 50 Posts
I'm assuming the engine is turning when you pull the rope, but with no resistance like it normally has? If so, it could have a stuck open valve (removing the valve cover would reveal this), a valve seat loose in the head, or it could have broken a rod. These engines also have an overhead cam made of plastic and I've seen them wear out the cam lobes and it's possible that the timing belt has jumped or stripped. Removing the valve cover would reveal most all of this.

Old 05-29-18, 02:38 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the responses...after trying several other things I took to a HONDA Service center. I was told the piston arm is busted. Also, based on parts and 2 plus hours of labor...if that ends up being the only problem it isn't worth repairing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: