Srm 210 won't run high speed...new everything

Old 06-04-18, 07:24 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Srm 210 won't run high speed...new everything

I have the weed eater, won't run on high speed, replaced carb, new plug, new hoses, rubber gromet,, fuel filter, air filter, cleaned exaust filter, new 91 octane gas, no ethonal, 50 to 1 mix, new gaskets. Ran great for 10 minutes and now it's doing the same thing again.....help!!!!!

Old 06-04-18, 11:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sounds like you covered the bases well... what does it do when you try to rev it up? Just stay at low RPM, die out, stumble and smoke, immediately stall, etc...?

Old 06-05-18, 07:45 AM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
I had a trimmer that wouldn't go to full throttle it ended up the throttle cable had slipped in the bracket and would not let the cable feed all the way. Have a good one. Geo

Old 06-11-18, 03:21 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
To Cheese, srm 210, won't run high speed, new everything

When I give it throttle it will stumble and it's like you have the choke on, throttle cable is free and works 100 per cent

Old 06-11-18, 12:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I had one doing this same thing a year or two ago. I put a new carb on it and it checked the things you checked and it still acted up. The customer decided to pick it up and get another before I figured out what was wrong. I was going to try another coil just to eliminate it as a possibility, although I doubt it was the problem. I really wish I had the time to figure it out because it was at the point of not making sense and stumping me. I'm sure further exploration would have revealed the problem. If you find out what it was, please let me know in case I run into this again.

Old 06-12-18, 09:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I talked to a friend of mine who went to some Echo training classes and he said he hasn't personally seen this problem but that they are having some problems with coils going bad in strange ways and he recommended trying another coil. That was my next move on the one I was working on, so I feel like it;s a good suggestion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: