Troy Bilt start problem

Old 07-07-18, 12:43 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Troy Bilt start problem

I have a 2009 Troy Bilt Bronco Model# 13AV60KG011. Lately to start it, I have to remove the air filter cover and filter and spray the carb with starting fluid and it takes 10 - 12 attempts before it fires. Once running it runs smoothly and will restart so long as the engine is still warm. I have replaced the spark plug, air filter and fuel filter and it still wont start without steps mentioned above. Any suggestions as to what is going on or how to remedy it is appreciated, Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-18, 01:29 PM
J
Received 77 Votes on 72 Posts
May want to add the words Lawn Tractor to your post, I had to google the numbers to find out what your talking about.
About 99% of the time it's a fuel issue.
As old as that is the carburetor should have been removed and cleaned or better yet rebuilt long ago.
Most of the fuel related issues could be eliminated by using non ethanol gas.

Old 07-07-18, 01:34 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I agree 100% with the above post. Sounds like you do not have a choke on your engine as well. ALWAYS run non-ethanol gas, its a total nightmare with small engines, and simply no good for vehicles either for that matter.

Old 07-07-18, 05:42 PM
G
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Since it runs ok after you get it started I would suggest a very strong dose of SeaFoam in the fuel so it can remove the varnish buildup. Have a good one. Geo