Simplicity Sunstar PTO Capabilities

Old 08-29-18, 07:48 PM
W
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
Simplicity Sunstar PTO Capabilities

I would like to run a brush chipper off the PTO of my 1995 Sunstar Tractor 20 HP tractor. I see that DR chippers makes one that requires 540 RPM PTO speed, and a CAT 1 3 point system. I cannot find any listing for the PTO rpm of this tractor. I have a Vacumn accessory attached to the back, but I cannot lift it hydraulically like a farm tractor. Don't really care about lifting it, If I could attach the pto shaft to any brand of chipper, I could make support brackets to hold it. Just need to know who makes one

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-18, 06:38 AM
A
Received 67 Votes on 61 Posts
I can't help with PTO RPM for your tractor, but a chipper like that is intended for utility tractors and up, typically diesel, with a PTO shaft out the rear. PTO's like that are driven through gears straight off the transmission, and deliver a lot more power to the shaft. Nice tractor that you have, but the best you could hope for connecting it to something like that would be that it stalled before something broke.

Old 08-30-18, 07:51 AM
W
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
Simplicity PTO Chipper

I believe that, and I will call DR and see what they have to say too. This tractor Does have a rear PTO as well as a Front one, I get it that it is probably not a 540 RPm and probably not tough enough for a major sized chipper, but I thought there might be a smaller one out there I could adapt.