Dewalt DG4300 generator runs and dies (new carb too)

Old 10-12-18, 06:54 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dewalt DG4300 generator runs and dies (new carb too)

At a loss.

Dewalt DG4300 Generator with a Honda GX240 motor. It starts and runs but only runs a minute or so and shuts shuts off. The governor arm seems to shut it down. This happens with both the idler control on and off.

- Fresh Oil at correct level, air filter, oil and new gas
- Replaced the carb with a brand new carb
- Clean gas shut off screen and ensured gas flowing good to carb
- Check gas cap by loosening and running and still dies
- Tested the low oil oil sensor by disconnecting and still dies
- When it dies the idler arm moves to the right and flexes at the middle arm joint and presses up against the solenoid throttle controller.
- For the minute that it is running if I have the idle control on and run a power tool from it the idle goes up and the tool is powered but then the motor dies. Does not from load.

Any help would be great..
-

Last edited by Jbellerive; 10-12-18 at 07:01 PM. Reason: rewording
Old 10-12-18, 08:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 55 Votes on 50 Posts
Check fuel flow into the bowl. Sounds like it's not filling as fast as the engine is using it. The governor arm can't shut the engine off.

Old 10-14-18, 03:37 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you Cheese. Yes it is like it is starving for gas.This is the same symptoms with the old carb and new carb. Flow seems fine through the gas line but I think my next step will be to pull off the fuel shutoff off the tank and dump the gas and see if there is anything on the inside of tank or backside of shutoff. The screen in the shutoff did not look bad at all but still brushed and blew it off. Thank You much for the feedback..

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: