Tomahawk Chipper - 2019

Old 01-10-19, 11:27 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tomahawk Chipper - 2019

I wanted to resurrect this old thread from 6+ years ago, but I was denied. I learned a lot from it, and it helped me make the (now-obvious) decision to seek out one of these old Troy Built Super Tomahawk Chippers.

parts for old troy bilt tomahawk chipper

I am excited to share that I just traveled 2 hours to pickup a 1993 Super Tomahawk found in PA. It's in great shape for 25+years old with some mild rust, included an extra blade, belt, and has 2 screens, original manual, never used chip catcher, and the plastic plunger. I think I got a decent deal. Looking forward to many years of use on this beast. Apparently I am the 3rd owner

Old 12-11-19, 03:52 PM
R
Hey fellow new Tomahawk owner, I've just gotten myself one of those wonderful machines. Boy did they build 'em tough "back in the day".
Last month I picked up a fine looking Super Tomahawk model #47251 with the Briggs & Stratton 8HP I/C engine on it. I have to look it over since bringing it home late last month and do an oil change & tune-up on it, but it ran pretty good at the second owner's home when I went to inspect the one he had for sale.
He also gave me all the original documentation for the unit. Might want to, at a later date, pick up some of the different screens that were available for it (think only have the stock 3/4" screen that came standard) along with a spare set of cylinder flails and chipper knives.
I also read through the old thread that started way back in 2006 and ended in late 2013. I have a PDF printout of that thread that I'll keep as a reference.
Good luck with the one you picked up. I guess that some of us "old-schoolers" just die hard ! We demand well-made American-made tools. I also own a 1985 IH Cub Cadet that I recently restored and that I'll use my new chipper with (once I can find a tow bar kit for it).

Old 04-26-20, 10:58 AM
P
Good to see your response here, what a grat machine... Late last year I decided to clean my Carb but was unfortunately unable to restore it. I found it tricky to find a replacement, all the new Chinese brands had bottom mounts about 1/4" longer than what the Tomahawk mount needs as it's got a holder on the bottom that requires a very precise length. I was lucky to find a couple out there...

Old 10-08-21, 02:53 PM
M
Along these line I am in search of a screen for a Craftsman 987.797.810 chipper/shredder..Made by troybilt (actually Gardenway) for sears..So far NO luck...Now!! Any one have one of these machines or know where I can get a screen???Even a drawing with the dimensions would work as I can make one. I am willing to pay for a screen,drawing or the part to borrow long enough to replicate..Many thanks in advance....

The Sears/Craftsman part # 1760911

Last edited by MrBigM; 10-08-21 at 03:31 PM. Reason: adding part#

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: