Honda GC160 will not start

Old 09-14-19, 02:58 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honda GC160 will not start

The engine is on a pressure washer that was given to me in non-running condition. I dumped the fuel and cleaned the tank; removed the carburetor, drained it, and cleaned it with carb spray (did not take it apart; and checked the fuel pump, which pushed gas to the carb when the start cord was pulled. The engine starts and runs for a few seconds when I spray some carb cleaner into the carburetor throat.

I suspect that something is the carburetor is gunked up. What should I do next?

Thanks...

Old 09-14-19, 04:12 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Remove the carb again, remove the bowl, remove the nozzle, that is under the thing in the middle of the carb, first comes the main jet then the nozzle, after removing the main jet you can use a flat blade screwdriver and push the nozzle down through the venturi you should then be able to retrieve the nozzle, now clean all the tiny holes near the top there are 4 or 6, I use the wire from a twist tie, then blow out the nozzle with brake parts cleaner and that part is finished, there is also a covered jet on the top, it has a black plastic cover remove it and clean it carefully, the hole in the end is even smaller than the twist tie wire. Put it all back together, careful with the gaskets, and you are good to go. Have a good one. Geo

Old 09-14-19, 04:32 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks, just what I needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: