lubrication for snowblower chute

Old 11-11-19, 08:30 AM
F
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
lubrication for snowblower chute

I know it is probably a dumb question, but what would you recommend to lubricate the chute on my snowblower. my sidewalk is close to the street and when the plow goes by it throws snow and salt on my sidewalk. when I use it the inside of the chute rusts up pretty badly. I noticed in the last 2 snowfalls it was plugging up easily and not throwing the snow very far. I assume the snow and ice is dragging on the rust coating. I was looking for something a guy could get at menards or some comparable outlet. thanks

frank

Old 11-11-19, 08:33 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I use snowblower lube spray. You spray it on when the machine is dry and the spray dries leaving a slippery non-stick surface. I've also used non-stick cooking spray with some success though it doesn't dry and you might get some dripping so store or park your machine on some newspaper or cardboard. I've thought of using ski wax but I've never tried it.

Old 11-11-19, 10:15 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Snow thrower clog

I haven't been able to try it yet but I saw on Youtube installing rubber "wipers" on a couple of the wipers in the drum. Because of the scrapers being metal they obviously cannot touch the drm wall. I used paddles from a single stage snow blower, the width of the scraper and attached with self tapping screws. Cut the barrel edge at 45 degrees and attached them to touch the barrel. Haven't been able to use yet but did run it and didn't notice any drag on the engine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: