TORO CCR-2450 GTS snowblower dies

Old 12-02-19, 05:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,201 Votes on 1,111 Posts
Question TORO CCR-2450 GTS snowblower dies

This is one of those 5hp 2 cycle single stage rubber paddle blowers. I've had it for 5 years with no problems. I'm a faithful winterizer with all my equipment.

This snow blower starts fine..... runs for 3 minutes under full load blowing snow and stalls. Push the primer once or twice, choke it and it restarts fine. Runs for another 3 minutes and the same exact problem. It took us 15 restarts to clear the driveway. Everybody says carb but this problem does not appear to me to be a carb problem. I was just checking on another forum and one problem seems to be a vent problem with the gas cap. I haven't checked into that yet.

Any thoughts ?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-19, 08:08 PM
M
Received 15 Votes on 14 Posts
The problem would be fuel getting to the combustion chamber, anyway. The gas cap vent can interrupt that flow. It's easy to check, though, just loosen the cap.

The three minutes is a little short for the cap vent. Plus you have fuel in the carb bowl to prime and choke with. It all would point to a plugged jet and something Sea Foam for a first try fix may take care of. If not it would take a disassembly to clean it.

Also it's good to check the mounting bolts on the carb. You may have a vacuum leak at a gasket.