Kohler Magnum

Old 12-17-19, 01:08 PM
Received 87 Votes on 82 Posts
Kohler Magnum

Hi All , what would cause an 8S to exhaust white smoke and condensate water from the exhaust? New plug, fresh oil , new air filter, it has been doing this for awhile.

Geo

Old 12-18-19, 12:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 42 Posts
With it being air cooled, it only has access to gas and oil to burn out the exhaust. So it's burning oil apparently. The condensation is odd unless this thing is running low rpm and in cold weather I could see how it might.

Old 12-18-19, 04:50 AM
Cheese, we can eliminate cold temperatures, oil level never changes, I thought if it was oil the smoke would be bluish, thing has a lot of hours but still runs good except for the smoke.
Geo

Old 12-18-19, 10:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 47 Votes on 42 Posts
There are only two things it can burn, so unless something else is entering the fuel system, it'g to to be one of them. Maybe there's 2-stroke oil in the gas or something. Maybe the exhaust is in a position that it can collect water when it rains and then when it starts it boils that off? That would only happen for a short time I would think, but I don;t know what else it would be. If it was fuel smoke, it would be black. Diesel contaminated gas smokes white.

Old 12-20-19, 11:27 AM
D
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Could it be bad gas? I have had some ethanol gas with water in it. I also do not use any ethanol gas in any small engines, my wheeler or my lawn tractor. Even with non oxy gas I still use stable or sea foam. Just my thoughts.

Old 12-23-19, 05:37 AM
We are using Seafoam in the gas, always garaged, maybe itís just old age.
Geo

Old 12-28-19, 10:16 PM
W
Received 15 Votes on 14 Posts
Are you sure your oil level never changes? I had an air cooled twin that had a float sticking in the carburetor. Gas was leaking into the oil big time and I had White Smoke all over the place. I at least had enough of a leak that I knew I had a fuel problem. (I could read a dip stick) You might have the same thing only on a smaller scale?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: