Fixed throttle

Old 02-21-23, 10:21 AM
Received 162 Upvotes on 148 Posts
Fixed throttle

Hi All, looking for pics and documents for settling up a fixed throttle on a B&S 16 HP VTwin , some thing different than what is n the B&S manual.
Thanks
Geo🇺🇸

Old 02-21-23, 10:24 AM
M
Received 37 Upvotes on 36 Posts
That doesn't work or just looking for a better idea.🤔

Old 02-21-23, 10:39 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,327 Upvotes on 2,069 Posts
I've done several throttle quadrants. The throttle can be mounted wherever you want and it's connected to the engine by a flexible cable. For things where you want to change the throttle regularly I have done a traditional lever but when I want more precise control I've done a Vernier push pull knob.

Depending on the cable you choose it will have a simple rigid wire end or be threaded to accept a clevis or something else. A simple Z bend in the rod can go to the throttle arm or a clevis is even simpler though a bit more expensive.

Old 02-21-23, 03:38 PM
Received 162 Upvotes on 148 Posts
We have a kit that came with the engine B&S P/N 491544 , no real instructions, we think that installing this will prevent operators from messing with engine RPM, this is on a ride around locomotive, a hydraulic pump is attached to engine, suppling fluid to the hydraulic motors which turn the wheels, we believe that we can control the speed of the train by controlling fluid as we do now.
Any thoughts
Thanks
Geo🇺🇸

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: