Painting peeling off of wall

Old 09-17-16, 07:13 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting peeling off of wall

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can recommend some suggestions on how to fix my problem or possibly what is causing the problem.

The room was painted by the previous owner which appears to be a flat blue paint, it has very little sheen to it. I filled the holes and sanded all the walls to prep for my painting. I started with cutting in and I noticed that if I went back over the cut in that the brush would pull the paint. I use a good brush, a brand that I have used for years. So I thought its not the brush. Well then I thought the paint which was Glidden, which I have used that before as well and its done great. I then went to Lowes talked with their paint experts and they recommended a drywall primer & paint and then paint my color over that. So I started this morning and the same thing is happening again. Now this is an outside wall but it did do it on the inter walls but just not as bad. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've never had so much trouble painting. I have painted two other houses prior to this one and never had this issue.
Thanks,
Wanda

Old 09-17-16, 09:08 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums Wanda!

I doubt it's your paint or brush. Are the walls fairly clean? Something is preventing the cut in paint from drying enough. How long after the paint was applied did you go back over it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: