Trouble with my Greco TrueCoat Pro II...any ideas?

Old 09-28-16, 12:54 PM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Trouble with my Greco TrueCoat Pro II...any ideas?

Had the sprayer for about 1 year; have only painted 3 bedroom's trim with it. So not a LOT of use. I have two tips and this issue happens with both, so I think there is something else wrong.

When I place a tip on the unit, and if I tighten (by hand only) too tight, nothing sprays out. If I loosen it slightly, it will spit paint at the end of a spray. If I get it "just right" it won't spit and it will spray. However, it takes very careful settings to get it just right--and I can't swivel the spray nozzle (vertical vs. horizontal) as that will tighten the nut or loosen it.

If anyone has an idea, please tell me what could be wrong with my sprayer or what I'm doing wrong as a user.

Thx.

TKH

Old 09-28-16, 12:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I've never used that unit but I can't imagine tightening the tip too tight by hand. Is it a reversible tip?
I'd inspect everything closely both for dried up paint and defects/wear on the parts that would prevent a good seal.

Old 09-28-16, 02:54 PM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Well, here is a shout out to Graco. I sent a message to their tech support; less than 1 day later someone from there called my cell phone. Walked me through a few steps and determined it would be better if he just shipped me out a new Needle Assembly Kit. Wow, that's customer support. Unheard of these days.

Old 09-29-16, 04:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Good deal! Graco is a good company. Most of the airless spray equipment I've used as an employee has been made by Graco. I've used their small .5 gal per minute units up to their 733 [3 gpm] As a contractor my budget dictated that I buy Titan - still good sprayer just not as nice as Graco.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: