Three season porch - Exterior or Interior Paint?

Old 03-30-18, 08:23 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Three season porch - Exterior or Interior Paint?

We have a 3 season porch that is uninsulated. We live in a New England climate so we experience all four seasons weather-wise. I am not sure if we should use exterior or interior paint on the walls, trim, and ceiling (beadboard wood ceiling with beams). Because it's enclosed, it obviously won't be exposed to rain or sun but will be to temperature swings. Any insight or help would be appreciated!

Old 03-30-18, 08:38 AM
Group Moderator
Received 249 Upvotes on 201 Posts
I would vote for exterior, but one of our pro painters should be along with the answer.

Old 03-30-18, 01:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
As long as it doesn't get wet or see a lot of UV rays interior paint should be ok BUT I have never painted as far north as you are.

Old 04-02-18, 11:15 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I'd use interior as long as the weather is not getting inside.

Around here they build a room called a sun room which is basically just a non-heated room with a door you can close off to the rest of the house and it gets furnished and painted just like any other room in the house.

Old 04-09-18, 06:47 AM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The porch is similar to what you described, it has a door closing it off to the main house. It has windows and doors, sheetrocked walls i.e. not a screened porch. It’s just that it is not heated. I just don’t want to do the job twice! I may do the trim will with interior paint and the walls and ceiling with exterior

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: