Repair Chipped Enamel Sink

Old 05-12-18, 08:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Repair Chipped Enamel Sink

Hello, what would be the best way to repair this chipped enamel sink? Is the chip to large to successfully repair? Thanks!

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-18, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Wow, that's big. You could use one of the epoxy kits, but it's always going to be glaringly noticeable.

Old 05-12-18, 01:46 PM
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
I Have a guy I use that refinishes tubs for a living. If he encounters a chip in a cast iron tub, he first sands the area, then fills with bondo, sands smooth and flush and then will reglaze the whole tub. We usually bring him in to do the whole tub anyway, chip repair is part of the service. But that would be the way to repair.

Now, being a drop in sink, it is relatively straight forward and certainly DYI to change he sink out for a new one. Fairly inexpensive to get a replacement drop in, either at a plumbing supply house or a box store. We can walk you through this if needed. Cheaper than a reglaze job.

Old 05-12-18, 05:29 PM
Thanks. Yes, thought is would be to large of a chip to repair and look ok. It is in a small rental I have so they may have to live with it. Thanks for the good advice...glad I didn't try to repair it. I will locate a sink in time and replace it.

Old 05-12-18, 06:17 PM
Received 233 Votes on 208 Posts
I would go ahead and buy the off the shelf porcelain repair kit for about $5.00. It can't look any worse than it does now and will kind of protect the sink from rusting. I'd rather have an off white blemish vs a black spot on a white sink.

Old 05-15-18, 12:42 PM
Yes, thanks Norm, think I will get a small, inexpensive repair kit for it. Couldn't be any worse.until I can change the sink out.