Where does the line needs to be when painting with two different colors

Old 08-23-18, 08:31 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where does the line needs to be when painting with two different colors

Based on the image below, where do you divide the two colors when painting two walls with two different colors, at the starting point of the radius, at the center or at the end of the radius? In other words, where do you tape or trace your imaginary line?

Of course, the typical radius on a corner wall is not as big as shown in the picture but I made it big to be able to show the radius.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk57cs7tzv...walls.jpg?dl=0

Old 08-23-18, 08:58 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Is this a radius on the inside corner? Usually inside corners are pretty crisp and you make the color change right down the middle. On outside bullnose corners I also cut it right down the middle. If it is an inside corner, as long as the cut line is straight it doesn't matter too much where it is although I'd still be inclined to bring it right down the middle.

Old 08-23-18, 09:43 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I have seen radiused corners in some homes. They do exist. The ones I've seen are about 1" radius so it's not huge but it is noticeably different than the much more common sharp corners.

As for where to make the dividing lines between paint colors... that's entirely up to you and your aesthetic. If you want the color divide right in the corner then I'd do it right down the center of the radius. Easier would be to go an inch or so off the radius so you have a flat plane to work on.

Old 08-23-18, 10:13 AM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you all for your comments!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: