Best way to apply?

Old 09-02-18, 11:10 AM
Received 16 Upvotes on 15 Posts
Best way to apply?

Bead board wainscoting in my entry hall. Behr Premium Plus Ultra stain blocking paint and primer in one, interior semi-gloss enamel, ultra pure white, #3750. Best way to apply this stuff? Brush, roller, sprayer? I'm thinking sprayer, but which one that's not professionally priced. I do own a compressor if that makes any difference. I had a Wagner electric gun at one time that was a disaster trying to paint a door. Returned that to HD quickly. Honestly, I HATE painting in general so I need to make this project as painless as possible! I have the paint from another project I am doing now (ugh), unless there are better suggestions. Thanks.

Old 09-02-18, 11:42 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
First, just to be complete in my answer, I would return the paint and go to a real paint store.

Second, where is the beadboard - is it already installed inside? If so, no way would I spray.

Old 09-02-18, 11:52 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Here is a reality check, painting is not really that bad of a job but when you buy ship paint it makes a simple job a disaster.

First as you might expect get some good paint, I only use Pratt & Lambert and you will be shocked by the price but believe me when you are done you will be so pleased with the results.

Second, get good tools, Purdiy paint brushes are worth their weight in gold,

Third, that job can easily be done with a 3" brush.

Fourth, forget that Wagner krap, it, like cheap paint. only makes things worse!!

Are there other good paints, sure, Sherwin Williams is ok but I have not found anything better than PL to date!

Old 09-02-18, 01:15 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Most any paint store will have better coatings than you'll find a big box paint dept.
I have a good bit of spray equipment but I rarely ever spray inside a finished home. The extra prep and clean up negates any time savings. I'd either brush the beadboard or roll the paint on and then tip if off with a brush.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: