How to unclog Homax textured spray can?

Old 11-30-19, 10:56 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to unclog Homax textured spray can?

Is there a trick to unclogged Homax textured can? The can works fine for the first time but if I kept it for some time, it no longer works. Is there a way to store this can when not using? Or is this just the nature of texture spray cans? I'm only doing a small spot.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-19, 11:16 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
I rarely use aerosol texture but often it's best to hold the can upside down and spray for a second or two to clear the nozzle.

Old 11-30-19, 05:12 PM
T
Received 14 Votes on 12 Posts
I use a lot of aerosol orange peel. I don't like the knockdown. I have another system for that. Anyway. after use turn upside down and spray just enough to clear the orifice.
But I don't know how to unclog a plugged can. I always buy extra cans in case one clogs. If it clogs early on, I return the can for credit. If is after half a can or so I figure that is just a cost of the job. In my book still cheaper than the time to set up, use and clean a spray rig for a small patch. I've seen a whole ceiling done with cans. Looked pretty bad.

Charlie2 voted this post useful.
Old 12-08-19, 03:50 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The spray in the can thickens if kept unused for sometime. If you want to preserve it then give it a shake every now and then. But once it is clogged it is hard to unclog it.