Programmed Mirrors

Old 06-13-16, 03:00 PM
R
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programmed Mirrors

I have a 2000 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan that has programmable mirrors. The mirrors cannot successfully be reprogrammed to work with the inside door switch or the number 1 remote. Driver side invariably ends up going downward toward the street instead of behind as it should. The other side does a better job. I've tried many times to reset, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Old 06-14-16, 06:50 AM
W
Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
Mirrors

Try reading the instructions in the owner's manual.

Old 06-14-16, 05:29 PM
R
Sorry, but thought saying reprogrammed was sufficient to say that I had followed instructions in the manual to reprogram. This is not something I've just tried once or twice, but many times over the past few months.
Ironically, If I just press the remote once the mirror stays where it is supposed to, but if I press it twice, to open all doors, or hold it for a few seconds the mirror continues its downward turn.

Old 06-14-16, 06:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and while the mirrors and seats move independently with each remote, after my wife uses her fob to enter the car all is well. When I use mine, the mirrors never set correctly, and, like you, I have reprogrammed them a kazillion times, even to the point of hyperextending the setting, hoping they would settle down to my settings. No good. Hopefully someone with more information will help us both.

Old 06-15-16, 11:00 AM
R
Chandler, that is exactly the way mine works. I've done it like you and to no avail. Maybe the answer is to switch fobs with my wife ��

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: