2006 Chevy impala LT diagnosis

Old 02-13-17, 12:05 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2006 Chevy impala LT diagnosis

Good afternoon,
I've had my chevy for a little over 5 months now and back when the roads were icy and terrible I slid into a curb. I was going anywhere from 10-25 mph max and making a slight right turn down a slanted street. My driver side rim (as far as I know) was the point of impact. At first I saw a huge gash in the sidewall, first sign of damage and then When I went to drive after hitting the curb I noticed a very bumpy/loud ride especially at higher speeds. Immediately I got the tire replaced and that's when I noticed the rim was cracked on the edge (I have aluminum rims) so the tire change was first then I rode on the bad rim for a couple of weeks thinking that was the source of this obxnoius humming noise and vibration but switched out the aluminum with a steel replacement and figured my noise problems were over. Well the sound did lighten up however it could be heard coming from what appears to be "inside the tire" and still gets loud with increase in speed. I have not jacked up the vehicle and performed the tests for suspension or bearing damage but I have asked a certified maniac friend of mine and he's saying the same thing the internet says it's hard to exactly tell without someone looking at it but I don't wanna spend even more money for someone to just tell me what it is. i just want to know or have a better idea of what to look for to look for cheaper parts to have the proper labor done so I can get her back driving properly. Thanks in advance and sorry if it's a little much to read ha hopefully someone out there has some insight!!

Old 02-13-17, 12:08 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

So, you talked to a mechanic and he said to put it up on a rack and take a look. What is it you think we can do remotely like this?

Old 02-13-17, 12:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
You most likely bent a front end part or bad bearing. Need to jack up front wheel and see if anything is rubbing or bent. A lot of times you will need to take to front end shop and have them inspect. Don't wait could be dangerous.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: