how to remove water-like spots from windshield and body of white 2014 Honda CRV

Old 04-11-17, 10:01 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
how to remove water-like spots from windshield and body of white 2014 Honda CRV

A few days after having a full service wash performed on my 2014 Honda CRV, I noticed water-like spots on my windshield and the body of the vehicle.

I cleaned the inside and outside of the windshield twice, once with Windex and again with ammonia and water. It seemed to help a little but the spots are still on the outside of the glass.

I went back to the car wash today to explain the situation hoping that it was something they applied during the wash cycle but he insisted that was not the case.

According to the car wash owner, the glass and clear coat has been etched by hard water from a sprinkler system or sprayed with some unknown material while parked for an extended period of time or by some type of backwash while driving in the rain.

Unfortunately I can't recall either of those situation happening.

Has anyone experienced this type of problem with water-like spots on their windshield of car body and if so, what do you recommend to remove them???

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-17, 11:06 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 620 Votes on 573 Posts
I have that problem if I am ever stupid enough to wash my car at home. The minerals in the water leave nearly permanent spots. A thorough washing and then buffing can remove much of it. You can also try a product like Novus or other similar products that contain a mild abrasive.

Old 04-11-17, 06:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,108 Votes on 1,028 Posts
Minerals in the water....specifically calcium, can be tough to remove.

What I do for glass is to wet it first, wet several paper towels and sprinkle a little Comet on the windshield. Use the paper towels to rub the windshield. Rinse thoroughly. The spots will be gone but the glass will be semi porous.

I usually apply a Rain-X type product this point.