71 Cutlass

Old 11-25-17, 11:31 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
71 Cutlass

I would like to know what other present day or within the last 10 years or so, driver and passenger car power seat is compatible that I can use in a 1971 Oldsmobile cutlass, or what power seat conversion kit can be used with the current seats.

Old 11-25-17, 02:25 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I don't think that you stand a chance with present day cars. In 1971, most GM parts were interchangeable. That would include Chevy, Olds, Buick & Pontiac. You have a good chance in finding a seat that is compatible but you'll have to search older cars. My guess would be before 1975.

Old 11-25-17, 03:52 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I know of no conversion kits that change a manual seat into a power seat.
Do you even have the power seat wiring in the car ?
Today's cars would come with that wiring stock. Back then that would be a completely different wiring harness.

Old 11-25-17, 04:08 PM
A
Received 113 Upvotes on 98 Posts
would probably take some basic measurements and search salvage yards see what you can find nothing in the last 10 years is going to be a simple install your looking at some modifications just to get newer seats to bolt down but its not uncommon to do so in older vehicles. if its a split bench instead of bucket not sure you will find anything in the last 10 years.

Old 11-26-17, 04:00 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Having done enough car restorations over the years there is never a simple conversion to a vehicle/part using something from another vehicle. It always take 3X longer doing the fabrication to make it fit.

That body is still supported, if it had power seats start there with replacement parts or parts being sold used. You get much newer and all the power accessories start getting controlled by modules and you dont want to go there.\\

Took about 5 seconds to google, here is Olds forums with same discussion. lots of parts on Ebay.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...onversion.html

Old 11-27-17, 04:58 AM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
See if a local Buick dealership parts department can tell you what years around 1971 that Buick offered powered seats, Using this info and the footprints of your current seat bolting go to salvage yards and look at Olds, Buick. Pontiac and Chevy cars, for the years provided by the dealership, for powered seats that fit. Make sure you get both halves of connectors going to the seat switches. Pay someone to do the wiring if you don't feel comfortable. I use a resettable circuit breaker when I am adding wiring. Saves on cost of replacing fuses. When done I put in a replaceable fuse(s) after measuring the DC current. Happy hunting.

Old 11-27-17, 05:06 PM
F
Ad

This car if for sale, maybe of you call on the seller he can tell you what seats he used. But probably special fabrication rather bolt on mounting given how modified the car is. https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...carolina-28262'

This one also looks very nice...also high modded...
https://www.streetsideclassics.com/v...tlass-restomod

But this catalogue item is interesting, if you scroll down it indicates the various cars the seats will fit in, might give some ideas as to the other cars interiors that would fit, or at the least you might be able to get their brackets and try to minimize the fabrication. Not sure there is a power option in the various models noted. The BuickRegal up to 1987 would appear to the most recent vehicle to consider.
https://www.opgi.com/chevelle/CH22477/.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: