Chrysler ABS Light

Old 12-12-17, 08:31 AM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Chrysler ABS Light

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 Limited, 106,000 miles, 3.5 V6 I just had a tire taken off and resealed due to a slow leak, and a day later a light came on my dash with ABS and a code # lit up. I opened the manual and it said this light should only be on if the anti lock brake system is turned off, and explained that there was a button for this. I found the button pressing it did absolutely nothing, and the light remains on right now. Is there a code in the computer for troubleshooting what caused this, or is this something that may have been hit in the tire changing process? I have good guys there and they would stand behind it, but just want to know myself first

Old 12-12-17, 07:48 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Did you scan the ABS system and if so what was the code? You didn't mention which tire but all 4 wheels should have a speed sensor. The shop would have to really been sloppy to damage one of the sensors or wires pulling a tire off, so I imagine it is probably just a coincidence that the light came on the next day.

Old 12-13-17, 01:07 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
A big cause of ABS light is the sensor. The fact the tire was just changed sounds like the wire or connection was disturbed, broken, etc. Could be as simple as plugging in the connector or having to replace the sensor!

Old 12-13-17, 07:19 AM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Chrysler ABS Light

Its going in in a few hours, so I will post back when I get the verdict.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: