Airbag recall

Old 01-19-18, 02:57 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Airbag recall

Hi all, Does anyone know their bag recall problem.We have 2008 Lincoln that is supposedly on the recall list. and we have not heard anything on that lately? Thank You.
Sid

Old 01-19-18, 03:17 PM
A
Received 73 Upvotes on 66 Posts
You said supposedly, so the first thing is to confirm that, which I assume you can do by entering your VIN at the Lincoln site or know you can do at the NHTSA site. Once you know for sure, you can contact your dealer to see what the schedule is, but there are a lot of vehicles under a lot of brands that are affected, so it could be a bit of a wait.

Old 01-19-18, 03:20 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Just google your VIN and you will find every recall!

Old 01-20-18, 03:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
There was a recall on the air bag clock spring for my 2010 Jeep about 1.5 yr ago. First we had to wait on parts, then wait for an appointment. The dealer kept my jeep all day, called and said I was in dire need of a $100 alignment [but no uneven tire wear] and when I picked it up they said there was nothing wrong with my air bag system. Since then they've sent me multiple notices that I need to have the clock spring replaced and how dangerous it is to drive my jeep without getting it aligned. Still don't have any uneven tire wear and it drives fine. I know I should take it back down to the dealer but I just don't feel like dealing with them!

As mentioned above googling your VIN should bring up any recalls and service bulletins.

Old 01-20-18, 04:14 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
If there is a recall on your vehicle the dealer/manufacturer of that vehicle will fix it for free. An independent shop may not. They will also be able to determine if your vehicle has any recalls.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: