08 Yukon Dual AC

Old 08-27-18, 03:56 PM
D
Group Moderator
Received 252 Upvotes on 202 Posts
08 Yukon Dual AC

2008 GMC Yukon

My wife came home with one side blowing AC & one side blowing heat. Both sides are set on 60 but the driver side is blowing full on 90 (I am guessing) degree heat. Its pretty hot to hold your hand in front of the vent. The rear AC is blowing cold as is the passenger side.

I dont have dual control in my Ram 1500 so I am not familiar with these systems. We both have made all the adjustments we can on the controls & although the drivers side appears to be on AC & its on 60 degrees, its blowing very hot air.

Any help appreciated...

Old 08-27-18, 04:33 PM
D
Group Moderator
At this point, (after about 30 - 45 minutes) I went back out & restarted the car. The temp was reset to 72 on both sides & the fan was off or on low. I turned the fan on high & put both sides back on 60. It was blowing cold & seemed fine. I let it run 4 - 5 minutes and it still seems fine. Maybe it just needed resetting....????

Old 08-27-18, 05:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Maybe it just needed resetting....????
I have several friends that have that same exact problem. I have not found out why it randomly happens. I do know that turning the vehicle off and restarting it does reset the climate control system.

Old 08-27-18, 06:19 PM
D
Group Moderator
Well, my concern now is that its going to be a continuous intermittent problem until I can find out whats causing it.

She had actually turned the car off, then right back on to see if that would help but it didn't. So, I turned it off for about 30 - 45 minutes in hopes that it would reset, & it did. After this, I was going to pull the AC fuse & try to kill the whole system & try to reset it that way. Fortunately, at this point, I didn't need to do that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: