2006 Chrysler Town and Country, power locks.

Old 10-27-18, 03:19 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2006 Chrysler Town and Country, power locks.

I have been googling about an issue with my power locks on the back sliding doors (they do not move by power, just power locks) and all I'm finding is issues with the actuators.
If the lock is making a noise and appearing to try and move but not actually locking or unlocking would that still be the actuator? I have one sliding door that makes no noise and doesn't move and has been that way for a year, two days ago the other sliding door does not unlock or lock with the key fob or power button in the van. I will be replacing the actuator on the door that has been broken for a while but I'm having a hard time trouble shooting what is wrong with the door that recently isn't working.

Old 10-27-18, 04:28 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,398 Votes on 1,295 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

With the age of the vehicle..... it is very possible an actuator is defective.
Be advised.... an actuator only controls the locking of the door.
If you have a door that is power operated and it's not moving...... that would be a drive motor issue.

Old 10-27-18, 06:10 PM
B
Received 104 Votes on 91 Posts
Could be the linkage between the actuator and locking mechanism, Need to remove door 's inside panel to check. Sometimes an after market repair manual (like Haynes) provides the sequence for panel removal. Also check the web. Good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: