Can you add rs AND prox/push button-start?

Old 11-07-18, 03:57 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can you add rs AND prox/push button-start?

Hi folks,

So Iíve probably installed 15 remote starters into cars in my life, but Iíve been out of the game for years....so Iím not really sure whatís available anymore.

Iím curious to know if itís possible to add a unit that adds remote start, proximity keyless entry, AND proximity/push-button start to a vehicle. Iím aware of multiple companies like DEI/Viper for remote starters. Iíve also seen no-name companies thatís sell push button starters, but Iím not sure if theyíre proximity or if you still have to put the key in the ignition and then you can push the ignition button.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JP

Old 11-07-18, 06:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,316 Votes on 1,216 Posts
I was a direct Crimestopper dealer so that was all I installed. Probably over 500 units in ten or so years. I got to see many changes in car wiring and security updates. I still install one now and again on occasion but have sold the business.

I have installed starters in prox vehicles but I have not seen any aftermarket prox systems.
That's a pretty sophisticated concept for an aftermarket installation.

Old 11-07-18, 10:01 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks PJ,

Did a little more research and found this site for Advanced Keys, which lets you add proximity entry and push-button start to your car for about $380. It also shows that one of the buttons on the keyfob lets you access remote start, but Iím going to assume that means if you already have remote start in the vehicle. Pretty interesting. Never knew this existed.

Hereís the link:
https://advancedkeys.com/products.htm

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: