2015 Buick Enclave - Windshield washer not working

Old 11-20-18, 01:59 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
2015 Buick Enclave - Windshield washer not working

Car has $78k miles. purchased extended warranty, however, that apparently was over at $75k miles.

Last time I was at the dealer, a few months ago, the washer fluid wasn't working, the day after I picked up the car. I thought reservoir was empty, so I filled it but it came right up to the top. then realized rear washer is working.

Didn't have a chance to get it back to dealer until now, as I need other things done as well. They indicated that hose is pinched, and at a minimum it will cost me $80 labor if they can find an old hose laying around. otherwise more.

I told them nobody touched the car besides the dealer, and it stopped working the day I picked up the car. I guess my bad for not calling them right away or trying to get the car back in sooner. SO, they say it's not covered under warranty (even though it was most likely under 75k miles when it was serviced last time) and they take no responsibility for pinching the hose. They stated it could've happened anywhere, that mice or rats are known to chew through them, or even cats. he asked if I have cats. Are you f'ing kidding me??? he said it was pinched, not cut, or torn. Is it that much of a coincidence the day I pick up the car that the hose is pinched, and they didn't do it? Since car is out of extended warranty I will never take it there again, finding local mechanic

Lastly, the service engine light was on, they indicated it was the purge valve, and wanted to charge me over $200 to fix. My wife also said after filling the tank lately, the car was hard to start. Well, I remembered getting a letter in the mail from buick or GM or dealer, stating that if I was having issues with the gas pump clicking off before tank full, there may be an issue and they will pay for repairs. So after he was done telling me how much the bill is going to be, I mentioned this letter. He hesitated, and said we may have coverage for that. he finally said it's covered, and I don't have to pay for that repair. I guess since the diagnostic fee of $160 was for a covered item, I shouldn't have to pay that either. we will see what happens when I pick up the vehicle. If that is a known issue where they are mailing out notices, why wouldn't they tell me instead of charging me? Is that 100% profit because they will send the claim to the manufacturer to cover the cost of repair anyway?

Am I being over critical/cynical or is the dealer trying to rip me off?

Old 11-20-18, 02:02 PM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
The dealer is always ripping people off. Stand your ground.

Old 11-23-18, 07:11 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Total cost is $80 plus tax for replacement of washer hose. The last time car was at dealer the battery was replaced and mileage was $68k, still under extend warranty coverage (not for battery though). This is when the windshield spritzer wasn’t working. I will request to speak with service manager when I pick up car as I would think they would honor this and should actually take responsibility for possibly causing problem with hose. I can’t see how the hose just became pinched !! Who do these people think they are, and how stupid do they think I am??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: