Recurring battery issue on 2014 Enclave

Old 12-18-18, 01:15 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Recurring battery issue on 2014 Enclave

In 2016 we purchase a used 2014 Enclave. Car has been great except for a recurring battery issue; if we continue to listen to the radio after turning off the car, within minutes we get a low battery/start car warning.

It used to happen a lot when we first got the car, and I believe that Buick replaced the battery and maybe even the alternator (or something, the records are in the car with my wife right now) under warranty. I believe they also used to say that the battery charge level was fine, or something like that, and at first saw no issues with the alternator/whatever. I don't know what changed to make them replace the part at some point.

In any case, it actually hasn't happened in about 6 months, but just happened again today. My wife was out earlier in the day and it was fine. Just now she went to school to pick up the kids, got in the car pickup line, turned off ignition, listened to radio for 3 minutes, got battery warning.

Is there anything specific I can 'demand' that Buick look at, aside from just telling them, again, what happened?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-18, 05:08 PM
B
Received 93 Votes on 81 Posts
Unless you can find a Buick Enclave document that states the battery will operate the radio for X minutes with the ignition off, the ground you are standing on is shaky. Most new cars have loads still connected to the battery with ignition off. Try to get this value (ignition off drain in amps) from Buick and have the dealer check it.