Cats on a Bronco

Old 11-02-19, 06:05 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cats on a Bronco

I have a 92 Bronco with a 302 and side dump exhaust right behind the passenger door. It has both cats still attached but I removed the muffler. It sounds better, but there is still something to be desired. As far as I know, there aren’t many emission laws up here in Alaska and many people run straight pipes from the headers. Would removing the second cat make it sound any better or would it cause back pressure problems? Also, what is the diameter of the pipe between the cats?

Old 11-02-19, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
There may not be many State laws, but there are Federal. If this was pure off road....might not be an issue. If you don't mind breaking the law...

Old 11-03-19, 04:38 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Back when I was in early 20's I had straight pipes. now I want the quietest car I can get . Hate exhaust when a loud car goes down street.Something like this will give a nice sound and fit back flow problems. Just found this list that might help;

https://thegaragely.com/best-sounding-mufflers/

Old 11-03-19, 04:42 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
Dual exhaust sounds good on the other guy's car. Put duals on my 93 Silverado but soon regretted after a 2.5-hour drive on the highway.

Baldwin voted this post useful.
Old 11-03-19, 06:37 AM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
The State of Alaska required Anchorage and Fairbanks drivers to participate in the State’s Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) program in order to meet Alaska’s vehicle emission testing requirements. As of March 1, 2012, The State of Alaska does not require vehicles emissions tests any longer. The Alaskan state legislature voted to stop the state’s emissions testing program because it was too bureaucratic and it added unnecessary expense to the Alaskan residents. The legislature has the option to reinstate the requirement in the future.

Old 11-03-19, 07:58 AM
Received 24 Upvotes on 19 Posts
I'm sure Alaska has laws about fire hazard .
Lawn mowers and weed whackers have spark arresters in the muffler system .
Ask your local police about emission, noise and fire requirements for your vehicle

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: