2001 jetta gls; 2l; 4cyl

Old 11-04-19, 07:09 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2001 jetta gls; 2l; 4cyl

I've been making repairs on my stepson's aforementioned car; specifically the water pump & timing belt. I've reassembled the components except for the steering fluid reservoir, to allow for adequate working space, when inducing tension on the timing belt, when a VW specialty tool arrives on 11-5-19. I've aligned everything as per the shop manual. I'm just a DIYer & have this question. The car sits in my driveway in neutral, with the wheels chucked to prevent movement & in perfect alignment, although the timing belt tension still needs tension induced. Can I push the car, as long it's in neutral, without disturbing the crankshaft alignment or will the crankshaft move while pushing the car? I want to move it out of the way, while I wait for the tool.

Secondly, can someone identify the attached component under the hood of the Jetta. It has broken loose from its mounts & I'd like to replace the mounts to secure it. It's located directly to the right of the oil dipstick. To its immediate right is the upper radiator hose & one of the lines attached to it runs to the air filter assembly box.

Attached Images  
Old 11-04-19, 07:44 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
yes and that's a secondary air pump.

Old 11-04-19, 09:06 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is that yes to: "Can I push the car without disturbing the crankshaft" or yes to: "Will the crankshaft move while pushing the car" ?

Old 11-06-19, 07:40 PM
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
in neutral it will not move the crank

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: