Corolla wiper fluid pump

Old 11-18-19, 05:53 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Corolla wiper fluid pump

I replaced a blown up (cracked in half) original Denso wiper fluid pump in a 2008 corolla.
I tested the power to the plug and it tested 12 volts so I purchased a Napa replacement pump. After installation I could hear the pump working but no wiper fluid was coming out of either windshield nozzle. I pulled the hose at the junction and ran the pump, fluid came out of the hose so I know the pump was delivering fluid up the hose. I used a kids medicine syringe to force fluid into the y adapter part and the fluid came out onto the windshield. I disconnected the 2 hoses at the y connector and then Hooked the pump directly into those 2 hoses 1 by 1 and no fluid came out.

I purchased another pump and got the same result

it’s a mystery. Either the after market 12 volt pumps don’t generate the same flow of liquid as the Denso factory one does? Or both nozzles are clogged but not enough to stop the syringe fluid?

any help or suggestions would be appreciated, I could replace both nozzles? I just can’t believe an aftermarket pump can’t get wiper fluid to the windshield in a small car like a Corolla

Old 11-23-19, 06:42 AM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
Nozzles are clogged or frozen. happens all the time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: