Remote Starter install compustar cm900 and blade Al

Old 01-01-22, 04:40 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remote Starter install compustar cm900 and blade Al

2005 Dodge Magnum cm900 remote starter install. I am working on installing a remote starter and cannot get the blade to program to the vehicle. I added a wiring diagram of what I connected and what the manuals say to connect. I think I have some wiring wrong with the ignition wires (green wire in main harness, white/red in blade harness, and white black in blade harness). It seems like the green wire is an ignition output wire and not an input as the blade wiring diagram says to use. I also didnít attach the parking light wire (green/white main harness) because I didnít feel it was necessary. If anyone can tell whatís wrong from these diagrams or is willing to give some pointers that would be awesome!

How I currently have it wired

Blade wiring diagram

Wire color and purpose of main harness

Wire color and purpose of main harness

Old 01-01-22, 07:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,973 Upvotes on 3,566 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I've installed hundreds of car starters. Specialized in Crimestopper. I'll occasionally do one now and then. The car data systems have changed greatly.

This is from the pro install manual. Are these the colors you've attached to ?

my notes (cm900s/as & blade alch5)

Last edited by PJmax; 01-01-22 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-01-22, 09:12 PM
A
Thank you for the response! I wired based off the pin location in the second picture I posted. That picture came from the same site you found the wire colors I believe. I guess I didnít pay as much attention to the wire color in the car. I figured the pin location was the important part. I wonít have the car until Monday probably but Iíll look at the wire colors then. I wired the ignition wire in the main harness to the ignition wire in the ignition switch (bypassing the immobilizer) and was able to start it for about 2 seconds before the anti-theft turned it off (hence the need for the blade Al immobilizer) but cannot get the blade to program to the car. It just flashes red and wonít turn blue

Old 01-01-22, 09:19 PM
Group Moderator
The blade immobilizer is more than an override. It talks to the car and operates all data bus functions.
Tach, door locks, trunk pop, door switches, hood switch, antitheft, etc.

We used to have wire all functions hard wired plus an immobilizer.

Old 01-01-22, 09:42 PM
A
That would be brutal! I thought the blade was tough I canít even imagine. Iím assuming thatís why you need to program it to the car. To do that, as Iím sure youíre aware, you turn the key to on then press the unlock button. When I turn the key, nothing happens though which makes me think there is something wrong with my ignition wiring. In the wiring guide on the cm900, it says to attach the green wire (ignition input/output) to the wire that is 0v while off and 12v while on and while cranking. On the blade wiring diagram, it says to attach the ignition status output wire to the ignition input wire on the cm900, so I attached it to the green wire, but the ignition status output has 0V while the car is off or on. Is it possible that the green ignition wire not the ignition input? It seems weird to me that one wire could be an input/output

Old 01-01-22, 10:03 PM
A
Just thought of this. Is it possible that the green ignition input/output wire needs to be attached to the ignition (+) at the ignition switch AND the ignition status output at the blade connector? That would explain the purpose for the diode so current doesnít flow into the ignition status output.

Old 12-03-23, 08:38 PM
R
Question about green ignition wire

Hi did u ever figure out what was the correct way to hook up the green ignition input output wire with the diode im having the same struggles as u weíre understanding were it goes on my dodge ram the directions explain it the some way for me and I canít find anything to confirm whatís correct

Old 12-04-23, 02:08 PM
Group Moderator
The green wire gets connected to a +12v source that is live in RUN and START (CRANK).

Old 12-04-23, 07:47 PM
R
Idatalink

This is were im confused on the datalink guide it shows the ignition input from the main harness on the brain wich im assuming is the green wire going to the white /red ignition status at the blade harness with a diode between am I reading this correctly im not seeing any wire connecting to starter in the guide ? Iím gonna post a image of the guide for my vehicle 2007 dodge ram 1500

This is the schematic that came with my device

This is the main harness to my device

Last edited by Regan6678; 12-04-23 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-05-23, 08:44 PM
Group Moderator
Connector 2 (CN2), Black 20-Pin: Blade Connector
This connector is used only if you are installing a Blade-AL or Blade-TB. The wiring harness for this connector only comes with the Blade cartridge. Please refer to the Blade install guide for wire description.

The Blade is a full data bus module. In your Ram.... the Blade will command a start via the CanH and CanL data lines. You don't need a start wire.

Help me out here.... I posted the piece above. CN2 is a 20 pin connector on the CM900As. How exactly does that connect to the Blade ? Does the Blade snap into the CM900AS ?

It looks like the starter only needs the diode the from CN2 white/red to CN1 green. Observe polarity.
CN1 red needs to go to solid always live source. I always went to the battery with a protection fuse.

When I was installing I stayed with one brand to eliminate confusion. This was not the brand.
Things have changed a lot.

Last edited by PJmax; 12-05-23 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-06-23, 07:08 PM
R

The blade does slide in the cm900as as a cartridge

Old 12-06-23, 07:10 PM
R
Thanks for the info

Ordered the diode just waiting for then I will attempt the install I think I understand what all I need to do now for the most part

Old 12-06-23, 07:48 PM
Group Moderator
That's pretty cool.
You can use any diode. Rip it out of something electronic that's been scrapped.

I used predominantly Crimestopper products and auto starts.
I'd buy the data modules blank from a different company and flash the program myself.
There were many wires to connect.

Old 12-12-23, 08:02 PM
R
Have another question

When I go to flash my blade Al bypass it has me choose between trim options std key standard or std key manual what is this Iím not sure what I should choose is this my transmission there referring to ?

Old 12-13-23, 01:59 PM
Group Moderator
I don't see that in the Blade-Al manual. What page ?
Something in the CM900 manual. What page ?

Old 12-13-23, 08:04 PM
R
No I came across the option when flashing the blade Al on the I data WebLink app I chose std key automatic seems to work both the alarm and remote start are functioning.

Old 12-15-23, 03:58 PM
Group Moderator
Depending on the exact model number.... many of those starters will only operate a vehicle with an automatic transmission.

Old 12-15-23, 08:34 PM
R
Oh ok yea that makes sense I did end up getting everything to function and very happy with the setup but Iím curious if anybody knows of away to add a second add on of some kind that can trigger the alarm. I have a tonue cover on my truck that I often have a lot of expensive tools in it does lock but I would really like to setup it up to were some how the alarm would be trigger if it were lifted or tampered with. The shock 2 sensor I install in the cab would be perfect to mount I the underside of my tonue cover if there were away to add a second one but Iím not sure if thatís possible or what other options I may have I thought with your experience with alarms u may have a idea. Were I live there alot of cars being broke into and messed with and I feel like its just a matter of time before mine gets attempted.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: