Repairing damage on one side of door way

Old 01-29-17, 02:02 PM
K
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Repairing damage on one side of door way

This is the third problem I mentioned in a post about a bull nose corner. Here we have an doorless entrance way from one rook into the kitchen. On the one side it had been framed with some molding and this is the mess after the molding's removal. What is the better way to get it ready for painting? (whichever way the nail holes will be filled.) I am thinking that I should carefully remove all the mud along the side viewable in the picture, but keep away from messing with the rounded corner, mud it in, and then apply texture coating. This will not only remove the several badly damaged areas, but the splotches of glue that was used along with nails, and obviate the filling of those nail holes.

I can't post a picture since I can't figure out how to delete the three pictures that were uploaded today.

Old 01-29-17, 05:51 PM
K
Picture posted

This is the picture I couldn't post.

Name:  doorway.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  16.3 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 01-29-17 at 08:44 PM. Reason: reoriented/enhanced picture
Old 01-30-17, 02:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'd only remove what is loose along with scraping off the adhesive, mud as needed and then texture.

Old 01-30-17, 12:23 PM
K
Thanks, Mark. I was thinking that would be the ticket else there would be a noticeably different margin around the perimeter of the entrance to the kitchen.

And thanks to PJmax for reorienting that picture.

This site rocks. I have been using it for 12 years and either fixed many things with the help of its moderators and members or, if I didn't do the work than I spotted substandard work being done by a few contractors and/or I made sure that my own work made the building inspectors' happy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: