Matching Texture?

Old 01-21-18, 04:20 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Matching Texture?

My wife and I are rebuilding our house after flooding from hurricane Harvey. Most of the house was textured using a method that I don' rrecognize. Anyone know how to match this?

https://imgur.com/a/dhJYz

We are skim coating some rooms and retuxturing, but the process has proved tedious and difficult for us to do ourselves. I would love to be able to just retuxture the 2 feet or so of walls that were replaced after the flooding. We are doing shiplap in a couple of rooms, but unfortunately that won't work everywhere.

Old 01-22-18, 03:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 681 Votes on 602 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
It looks like it might be thinned down joint compound that was rolled on. You might experiment on some scrap drywall/cardboard. If it doesn't come out right on the wall it's a simple matter to scrape it off while wet [or sand when dry] and try again.

Old 02-10-18, 04:08 PM
J
Thanks! Really thinning the mud out, and using a thick nap roller going only down the wall (not up) got it pretty close.

Old 02-11-18, 03:52 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad it worked out for you, thanks for letting us know.

Old 04-08-18, 01:02 PM
A
I am in this same predicament with this same texture. I am not having the luck you did, and I have tried a bunch of different approaches. Is there anything else to keep in mind other than only going down? If you only went down, how did you blend across the wall? Can you describe how thin your mixture was? I've tried varying thicknesses from yogurt down to paint consistency and can't seem to get any luck. When it looks like the right texture, the profile is actually too flat. Help!

Old 04-09-18, 03:10 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If your texture is too flat you mixed the j/c too thin. Joint compound will flatten/shrink some as it dries. You might also try a different roller if thickening the texture isn't enough.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: