Truck Parts Mail Order? Suggestions?

Old 05-24-16, 10:42 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Truck Parts Mail Order? Suggestions?

We have a few local places that are not to bad in pricing for parts.
Just thought I would throw this out there and ask if any of you have some good luck with online sources. Do any of you do amazon and eBay?
I notice for body parts the prior two can be competitive, however I would want a reliable source for brakes and such.

thanks

Old 05-24-16, 10:54 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
I've had good luck with RockAuto.

Old 05-24-16, 11:24 AM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
I haven't bought any automotive parts mail order for years but I never had any problems with items I bought from J.C. Whitney. http://www.jcwhitney.com/

Many years ago I bought some brake shoes for my 1980 Dodger (Mitsubishi) D-50 pickup from a local auto parts dealer. They were special order and took a week to arrive. They didn't fit and since that truck was my only vehicle I had to put the old shoes back on to take the parts back. I then went across the street to the Dodge dealer and paid about twice what the aftermarket place charged but they fit perfectly. While I was at the dealer I overheard a conversation where a customer had installed THREE aftermarket starters in his vehicle and each one failed after about a month. He was able to get them replaced under warranty but no allowance for the labor to install. The parts man told him it was the inferior aftermarket rebuilds and guaranteed that if the genuine Mopar starter failed inside a year he would personally change it.

Moral of the story is you pays your money and takes your chances.

Old 05-24-16, 11:28 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,263 Upvotes on 1,204 Posts
Been a while for me as well but J.C. Whitney was good when I used them.

Old 05-24-16, 01:09 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
I use Rock Auto, also. Many times I find parts for my truck on Ebay. Just watch the shipping costs.

Old 05-24-16, 01:31 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Another vote for RockAuto here, as long as you know what you're looking for. I've ordered a good bit of parts for my Explorer from there. Also got a pair of shocks for my girlfriend's Equinox...the shop wanted to charge her 3x as much just for the parts.

Old 05-25-16, 12:48 AM
A
Received 113 Upvotes on 98 Posts
I have used ebay and amazon many times for car parts, rock auto is also used sometimes all good options if you can wait for them to ship.

Old 05-31-16, 06:58 AM
B
Received 13 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Yeah. Rock Auto all the way. I've used them several times. Never had a problem. Reasonable prices on OEM parts also. LMC Truck can be useful for less common parts too.

Old 06-08-16, 01:01 PM
C
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Rock. I have a backup truck don't mind waiting 4 days to save $10- $50 sometimes more . Bought calipers $50 core charge they issued a return label. Gave me a $45 credit when they received old! They also use fedex . They deliver on saturdays!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: