Clogged drain..water drains back in to kitchen sink when bath sink on

Old 02-11-16, 08:32 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Clogged drain..water drains back in to kitchen sink when bath sink on

I might have a clogged drain where my kitchen and bath sink connects to. I took out all the PVC pipes under both sinks and ran the snake down both pipes and cleaned all the gunk I could. From the Bath side i push down all of the 20 foot of snake wire down the drain. Is it possible that there is a clogged stack further down? How much would this normally cost if I call the plumber for this?

Right now when I turn on the water in the bath it backs up in to the Kitchen sink. When I run the water in the bath tub it drains fine. Toilet is running fine. I am assuming all that is connected to same stack.

Old 02-11-16, 11:54 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Right now when I turn on the water in the bath it backs up in to the Kitchen sink. When I run the water in the bath tub it drains fine.
Those two statements contradict each other. Which is it?

Edit: I reread the the title of your posts. I think that you meant to say that it the problem is when you run water in the bathroom sink. The 2 sinks are back to back. The tub is connected below where the 2 sinks meet. Sometimes I can suck out the clog with a wet vac.

Last edited by Pulpo; 02-12-16 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-15-16, 07:52 AM
J
Kitchen and bath sink are back to back. Both use same drain stack. Bath tub was working fine i guess it's either connected to differ drain which branches off to another drain stack. I can't see that b/c it's underneath my concerete floor. No access below the floor.

So my issue was resolved the next day after pour down the Hair and Grease drain opener. I left it overnight after I use the 20ft snake. Thanks you for your response.

Old 02-15-16, 08:35 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Yes, it is possible the clog is beyond the reach of your 20' snake. What type of snake do you have? You referred to it as a wire. If it's small and wirey it's possible it just pushed through a grease clog without actually breaking up or removing the clog. What did the material look like that you removed from the drain and how much was there?

Old 02-17-16, 07:01 AM
J
When I was using the snake to to clear the clog..it didn't putll out much of the gunk. It just push it more in which is why the water kept filling back up in the kitchen sink when i run the water in Bathroom sink. It must have been lot of hair, food, tissues and everything we end up throwing down the drain.

Old 02-17-16, 08:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
If it was grease you could have a real problem on your hands.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: