Refrigerator water supply line

Old 06-26-16, 02:38 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Refrigerator water supply line

We are getting a brand new fridge delivered this week and it's our first ever one with an ice-make and water.

However, I'm assuming the home depot delivery team aren't plumbers so will have to install the line myself and I'm a plumber rookie.

This is my kitchen sink supply line, which is closest to the refrigerator. What is my best course of action?

Name:  plumbing.jpg
Views: 779
Size:  28.3 KB

1)If I remove the nut off the right end of the valve can that be used to supply?If so attach the line to the valve and fridge, open up the valve and off we go?

2) If that doesn't make sense ^^^^ then I will shut off the water, remove kitchen sink line, add a T valve (

Any advicce is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-26-16, 03:23 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 71,630
Received 3,323 Likes on 2,984 Posts
That valve on the right side is a 1/4" line shut off valve. You could use that valve or replace it.

You'd need to get poly or copper pipe with the proper compression ferrules. You could probably by a kit that would connect right there.

Everbilt 1/4 in. x 25 ft. Poly Ice Maker Kit-7252-25-14-KIT-EB - The Home Depot
Old 06-26-16, 04:05 PM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 11,563
Received 646 Likes on 571 Posts
Those kits come with a Tee valve. Skip that and buy a quarter turn or ball valve. Much better.
Old 06-27-16, 11:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 6,406
Received 357 Likes on 319 Posts
Yup, buy the kit that Pete suggested. Throw out the saddle valve included in the package and have them connect it to the valve on the right side of your picture.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: