Venting a bathroom basement renovation?

Old 09-07-16, 07:44 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Venting a bathroom basement renovation?

Hi all,

I am thinking about adding a sink and shower to a corner of my basement that has an existing toilet. The house was built in 1950 and I don't think that toilet was ever vented.

Question: if I add a shower and sink, could I vent all three fixtures (toilet, shower and sink) into the Radon mitigation system tube that goes vertically to the roof? If not, is there a simpler way to vent the new shower and sink OTHER than running a dedicated tube vertically to the roof from them? For example, could I run a vent tube horizontally out the side of the house?

Any wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-07-16, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 84 Upvotes on 76 Posts
If not vented through the roof then a studor vent or AAV may be allowed if your town says so..

You will need to bust up the cement to access the toilet line to renovate as you suggest...

Old 09-08-16, 05:13 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
thanks much for the reply. so just to clarify, is it not advised to vent it to the Radon Mitigation system tube? that is pretty close to where the plumbing would go and would be the easiest solution (i think).

thanks.

Old 09-18-16, 05:04 PM
B
i would suggest not putting it into the radon. who knows what could happen with that.

i have never horizontally put a vent out of a building but my house has them!!! but they are run up the side of my house to the roof

like the other guy said studor vent. i know in NJ they are legal now just have to be accessible

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: