Slow draining kitchen sink :(

Old 12-02-16, 06:37 PM
T
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Slow draining kitchen sink :(

Hey guys, a noob here..

So we renovated our kitchen and got a Blanco single sink for our kitchen... and not even 1 year later, the water is draining very slowly... I dont think it is clogged that fast? But before i remove the trap, i did some visual inspection... can you guys confirm me if I m right? I still have the warranty from the builder that renovated our kitchen.

Please check the photos first and see if I m correct
Name:  20161123_051523.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  29.3 KB
Name:  20161202_212247.jpg
Views: 776
Size:  29.5 KB

I m not sure if i m crazy or not, it seems that the pipe from the trap to the wall/drain is inclined? does it matter if it is inclined or does it have to be leveled? I also can see there is a cleanout (?) installed, but why is it facing right instead of up? Isnt the cleanout to release the pressure from the trap or something?

I think the main reason why my kitchen sink is slow-draining is because there is no air to release the pressure?

Old 12-03-16, 05:03 AM
Upvotes: 0
It sounds like you have a clogged drain and it requires snaking.
Everything is normal under your sink. The clean out is sideways because it's easier to access that way.
I don't think the contractor will return to clean your drains.

Old 12-03-16, 06:30 PM
T
hey, thanks for the reply, so what you are saying is that the pipe that goes to the wall is ok if inclined at an angle? if it were inclined, wouldnt the water be harder to drain out?

Old 12-04-16, 04:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
The slight incline in your drain will not make any difference, at worst it would just make trap a little longer. From your pictures it looks level.

Old 12-04-16, 08:55 AM
Upvotes: 0
I just noticed the steel pipe nipple coming from your wall.
If you have cast iron pipes, your sink will continue to have problems occasionally.
Usually the pipes don't require changing, only the tee that's in the wall behind the sink.
If you cut out and replace the tee, the sink should drain much better and remain clear.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: