Compression fitting: 3/8 street elbow or equivalent?

Old 01-25-17, 08:39 PM
R
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Compression fitting: 3/8 street elbow or equivalent?

I cannot find a 3/8 compression street elbow and maybe there is no such thing.

I have a bidet attachment for a toilet and the supply line (braided 3/8 compression to 7/8 BC) connects to the bidet control such that it would be more secure and look better if it were oriented 90 degrees (toward the toilet).

Is there such a thing as a 3/8 compression street elbow and if not, what would be a recommended solution with the fewest number of pieces?

Thank you

Old 01-25-17, 08:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Can't you change your shutoff to a 90 degree shutoff?

Old 01-25-17, 09:21 PM
R
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
This image should clarify - I want the braided line to run parallel to the bidet's control arm and not stick straight out the back.

The other end attaches to a tee and the tee is attached directly to the tank (fill valve).

Name:  bidet_control_supply_line-004.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  32.5 KB

Old 01-25-17, 10:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I've seen many adapters, but not a compression street elbow.

A John Guest fitting (push-on elbow) would get the hose closer to the arm. Here's a quick look:

John Guest 3/8 in. Polypropylene 90-Degree Push-to-Connect Elbow (10-Pack)-PP0312W - The Home Depot

To install you would change the braided line to 3/8" tube, (copper or plastic/no chrome plated).
You would install a short stub out on the bidet inlet, then push the elbow on.

With the compression nut and JG elbow, the line will stick out a little from the back of the control, but will be much closer than it is now.

We can advise on specifics of tightening plastic tube. Basically you use Delrin Sleeves and inserts instead of copper compression sleeves.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: