Clothes Washer signals "no water"

Old 05-09-17, 08:16 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Clothes Washer signals "no water"

two things happening recently :

1) When the washer is filling and someone flushes a toilet - the washer stops filling and signals "no water"

2) When the bathroom sink is running - the toilet runs. Flapper is fine - new flapper and only time the toilet runs when it is not supposed to - is when the sink is turned on

Is this something I can fix myself or do I need to call in a pro?

Thanks

Old 05-09-17, 08:32 AM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
In sounds like you have low water pressure, perhaps due to an obstruction. Do you have a whole house water filter or water softener that might need servicing? Also, check to make sure your water shut off valve(s) are fully open.

When you run the water in a sink or tub, does the flow and pressure seem normal?

Is this a well system or city water?

What type of plumbing? Galvanized, copper, plastic?

Old 05-09-17, 09:52 AM
B
We do have a water softener - and I don't think it has been serviced in a while - did not think they had to be serviced!

When we run water - sometimes the pressure is fine and many times it seems like the pressure is lacking. It is not a well - it is city water. I believe the plumbing is all copper.

Old 05-09-17, 10:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Do you have anti flood hoses on washer. I have seen these cause problems like yours.

Old 05-09-17, 11:32 AM
B
pugsi, I don't believe we have a flood hose on the washer

Old 05-09-17, 12:12 PM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Try putting the softener in bypass mode for a day or two. There should be a bypass valve behind the softener. You will have hard water for that period, but it will rule out the softener (or rule it in) as the problem.

Old 05-09-17, 02:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Take hose off back of washer and see how the water runs there. Put hose in washer or a bucket. Next take screen out of back of washer valve ( it is in the end and comes out fairly easy) clean screen and put it back in, Only need to do cold water.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: