Eco Flush noise

Old 07-01-17, 10:23 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Eco Flush noise

Just installed 2 Eco Flush toilets and now when the tank is just about filled there is a loud noise and cold feed pipe vibrates. American Standard has replaced the anti siphon valve but didn't help. Water pressure is 75 psi city water and there was no noise with old toilets.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-17, 08:52 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
Was the fill valve replaced? I'd imagine that's the issue... but maybe others will have other suggestions.

Old 04-24-18, 01:00 PM
C
Having same problem

Installed American Standard Yorkville with eco flush pressure assist. Loud fog horn noise at end if flush cycle. Eco teck sent some part that i installed now its worse. Customer service is telling me that this is a very unusual and not something they ever hear of. I dont belive that. Im wandering if others have had this problem resolved with a new tank. Or any other info.

Old 04-24-18, 01:26 PM
R
Noise

I replaced the fill valve but no help. I finally replaced the whole tank and still no help. I then closed the shutoff valve until the noise and vibration went away works like a charm now.

Old 04-24-18, 03:08 PM
C
Thanks I’m suspecting the new tank will not help me either.
This is for a customer of mine and I wish i could go with that solution. Thank you

Old 04-25-18, 10:57 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
Usually that noise is due to a bad washer somewhere in the system. If it's not the fill valve (since it's new, probably not), my next step would be to replace the shutoff under the toilet with a new 1/4 turn stop.

What happens is a loose or worn washer basically ends up vibrating when the right amount of water is passing it. It can sound either like a jackhammer, or a hum, and from your foghorn comment, that's my thought.

It can also be another valve in the system, some people run into the same issue with an older PRV or main shutoff valve. Both still possibilities, but I'd still vote for the toilet stop. It sounds like that's what redvett's issue was. When he closed the valve a bit, it changed the washer position and helped with the noise.

Old 04-25-18, 11:44 AM
R
noise

I replaced the shutoff valve but that did no good so the closing was the fix. Since the system only uses .8 gallon's per flush it doesn't take long to fill tank.