Water Pressure Drops

Old 08-01-17, 10:55 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Water Pressure Drops

Today, while in the shower, the water pressure dropped to almost nothing. Water temperature stayed the same just very low pressure. The wife was doing laundry and when the washing machine filled the pressure dropped. If someone is in the second bath and turns on the shower there, the pressure also drops.

My home is 15 years old and the only change in the plumbing is a couple months ago I had to have the hot water heater replaced. We had a 50 gallon hot water heater and replaced it with another 50 gallon water heater.

I'm only "assuming" the change in heaters is causing the problem simply because it began not long after the water heater was replaced. Heater was installed by a reputable professional plumber, not a DIY that I did.

Old 08-01-17, 01:01 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
How is your water supplied? By a well or municipal supply?

A water heater will not necessarily affect your water pressure the way you mention. You describe a simple problem of using more water than your supply can provide. It could be a corroded pinched closed supply line or a problem with your well pump or control system. It may even be as simple as the main shutoff valve for your house was not fully opened when the plumber finished installing the new water heater.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: