Three sinks in existing roughed-in bath

Old 09-02-17, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Three sinks in existing roughed-in bath

Hello! I'm (slowly) working towards finishing our basement and wanted to verify my thoughts on plumbing. The basement was plumbed for a future bath in the basement when the house was built. I'm going to finish it now and would like to install three sinks (in addition to the shower and toilet that are planned) - two for a double vanity IN the bathroom and one for a wet bar OUTSIDE the bathroom on the other side of the wall. Attached are a couple pictures that roughly outline what I was planning. Any feedback or better ideas would be appreciated. I will be having this inspected, but wanted to make sure I don't have any rework.

Thanks,
Guy

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-17, 04:54 PM
S
It'd be better to know what size all those pipes are. It's kind of hard to tell. The pipe with the clean out T: If something upstairs is draining down this pipe you can't just cut a T into it because you'd be dumping stuff down the lav vent. You can however put a wye combo in this pipe with a new 2x1 1/2 T so the lav vent would be running parallel with the other pipe and can be tied in with another vent pipe. The bar and other lav I would just use a 2x1 1/2" sanitary cross T. Technically all three sinks could dump down the 2" pipe that is venting the stool but probably wouldn't be that practical here. Where I live the stool vent must remain a 2" pipe. Don't connect any downstairs vents into a pipe draining fixtures from upstairs.

Old 09-02-17, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the reply! To answer some of your questions, I sketched this up. Thinking about it more, it might be easier to just drain the wet bar in the existing pipe and then run both vanity drains to the larger drain. Hopefully this sketch (not to scale ) will be a little clearer. Is this right...is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Guy

Attached Images  
Old 09-02-17, 10:13 PM
S
Based on your sketch I don't see any problems. A good height for center of drain is 18-20". Much higher and you could potentially run into problems.

Old 09-03-17, 07:08 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
Agreed, I think your plan looks solid.

I like the insulating foam and heat piping. Looks like it will be a nice setup!

Old 09-09-17, 07:50 AM
Ok, got the parts and am now concerned about the overall height of the stack with the clean out, double wye, and then turning inlets wyes vertical (first picture). Can I turn the inlets wyes horizontal, then immediately turn the vent up (second picture)? Or, can I use a double sani tee in the stack, like the third pic?

What's the best option here? You can see the marks on the stud in the background of the pics that shows the relative difference in the height of the different options.
Thanks,
Guy

Attached Images    
Old 09-09-17, 01:25 PM
S
The 2nd picture is not legal but all you would have to do is turn the T on its back with the branch being the vent and 90 out the end to the sink drain. Some plumbing inspectors might require the T to be a wye instead(even though it's a dry vent and it's stupid).
Also as far as the clean out fitting I don't think it would matter to put it above the other cross T or double wye if you are ok with it aesthetically. Its legal to the best of my knowledge.